Friday, March 8, 2013

Desert Classic Duathalon 3/3/13

WINNING.

It was a TOUGH race!!

Race details:

Run 3.5 mi (trail run)
Bike 24 mi (road)
Run 3.6 mi (same trail run course)


The run map doesn't do it justice, but here's the bike map..........yes, the red bumpy line is showing HILLS...........

Needless to say, my second run was A LOT slower than my first, my legs were TIIIIIIIRED :-(

I felt good on the bike. Running continues to be my nemesis.

This race brought out some hard core racers.... so it was great competition.

And, there were NOT only 3 women in my age group, so placing was pretty great!

I got hit by some sort of illness Wednesday afternoon/evening that hit me the hardest yesterday and today, so this week's workouts have been tough.

Monday: 1500m swim (400 easy, 4x50 drills 15s rest in between, 3x400m level 3 then 100 cool down)

Tuesday: 1hr tempo ride (15m level 1-2, 35m level 3, 10m level 1-2)

Wednesday: I was not feeling so great during the night so I didn't get up before clinic to run...which always turns out to be a bad choice.... I had PT after clinic at 5 then went to the gym 7-8 and did 1hr tempo run (on the elliptical) (15m level 1, 35m level 3 and 10m level 1).

Thursday: NO WORKOUT DONE..... had a meeting at 6:30am downtown (left the house at 5:45 since we are house/dog sitting for my parents), clinic from 9-5 and I was COMPLETELY exhausted (chills, sweats, headache, chest ache, cough, runny nose....) I was supposed to do a swim, but decided it would be best to keep the gallons of snot from my head out of the community pool......

Friday: still resting. Had work meetings all morning.

 Was planning on swimming and running (swim: 400m easy, 10x50 level 4, 4x75 level 4, 4x100 level 4, 100 easy. Run: 1hr tempo). Might still make it, but have pretty much lost my voice and cough anytime I breath too deeply so, it's probably better to rest.

Saturday: 3hr bike
Sunday: 1h30m run

It's supposed to get sunny tomorrow so planning on the bike and run.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!

 P.S. Simon placed 1st in his age group....he did the off road race: 3.5m run (same route as us) 15m off road bike and 3.6m run. GREAT JOB SIMON!!! 

Next race on the schedule: March 23:

Havasu Triathalon (Olympic Distance)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! Great Job Placing!!! You Rock! And better to take a couple days off to be sick, and Recover, than to hurt yourself by not operating at full mast, and be off months.

    ReplyDelete