Monday, August 23, 2010

Newlywed Project #1: Changing Your Name

signing the marriage certificate in Costa Rica!

 I put this together (from a collaboration of lists I used to change my legal name) for a PA I work with who was married last summer and hasn't changed her name yet. I know most who are reading this (Kelly and Annie, my 2 followers....) have no need for the information. However, someone out there may need the info and stumble upon it in a Google search.........and maybe it will be helpful ;-) Plus, I wanted to show what I've been spending my free time doing.



Christina's To Do List for Changing Your Last Name (some may not apply)
1.     Social Security Number (http://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssnumber; this has to be done first)



2.     Driver’s license



3.     Car Registration and Title



4.     IRS (form number 8822 www.irs.gov)



5.     Credit Cards



6.     Checking Accounts



7.     Savings Accounts



8.     Telephone Company (LAN line and cell)



9.     Insurance Policies (car, house, etc.)



10. HR and Benefits departments at work (health benefits, W2 and paycheck)



11. Employee ID



12. Arizona Regulatory Board of Physician Assistants (www.azpa.gov/AdditionalForms/AdditionalForms.aspx)



13. DEA (www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov; registration-tools&resources-registration changes)



14. AAPA (www.aapa.org)



15. NCCPA (www.nccpa.net)



16. Student Loans



17. Passport (fill out form DS-5504; www.travel.state.gov; change or correct name)



18. Voter Registration



19. Post Office Change of Name Form (www.usps.com ; use the same form for address change)



20. Health Club Membership



21. Video Rental Card



22. Library Card



23. Mutual Funds, Stocks, Bonds



24. Retirement Plans (401k, IRA, etc.)



25. Mortgage/Rental Agreement (apartment or house)



26. Property Title



27. Deeds



28. Water Company



29. Electric Company



30. Gas Company



31. Magazine Subscriptions



32. School Alumni Association



33. Sorority Organization


Project #1 almost complete!

I promise to post the link to our preview of wedding pictures ASAP!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're being productive! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was not a fun process for me. I actually just changed my passport this sumer for your wedding!

    ReplyDelete