Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Blog Renewal = Amazing Challange in 2013

It's been over a year since I've blogged?!?!?!?

Well to make it short and sweet (at least at this point).

Some already know because we saw you after Thanksgiving but, Simon (my hubby) and I registered for Ironman Arizona 2013 to be held on November 17th.

I felt obligated to create a blog to document (my struggles) and achievements in training and racing over the next 10 month (almost EXACTLY TO THE DAY) since I do not have kids (or any "on the way") to blog about.

Training has begun already (Base 1 building) however, we are participating in two running events prior ( PF Chang's Rock 'N Roll half marathon and Ragnar del Sol).

I am going to put some pics here from Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii where we volunteered in October 2012, for motivation???

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!! 





Distant view of the swim course from the run course along the seawall
Started the day at 4am for body marking



Had access to the pier for the start...soooo many bikes!
Lead male Pros coming in




Swim start from the pier....Amazing moment to see
My volunteer scrub top for the medical tent

Finish line, right before Pete Jacobs (the winner) arrived

After my 5 hour shift in the medical tent, most fun time to be at the finish line

"Hot Corner" on the bike route


 


2 comments:

  1. I'm a terrible blog follower, but just happened to get on tonight. Looking forward to seeing the updates, cousin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Great - What a Wonderful goal! I can't wait to follow you and Cheer from afar!

    ReplyDelete