Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sickness, Putt-Putt, Babies....oh, and TRAINING!!

#2 cause of inability to train as scheduled= SICKNESS

😩

In the last couple weeks I've managed a few runs, a swim, and my hill interval bike ride (and currently a 3 hour bike ride indoors on the trainer....BORING!!!)

Early morning Tues 1/29, I woke up with a horrendous stomach ache. I will spare you the details if what followed the rest of the day and into the next night. Basically, I stayed in bed sleeping; not able to be less than a few feet from the bathroom.....

On to more fun stuff...the working out!!!

We went to see our good friends inSan Diego the weekend of the Superbowl. I did a couple 1hr runs around their house (1 included LOTS if hills). We didn't bring our bikes though 😢 should have brought them and the trainers!

We did play putt-putt. Not too strenuous.

We stayed in SD to watch the Superbowl and thanks to the blackout (or using it as an excuse), we stayed until Monday morning; 4:45 drove the 6h back to Phoenix; straight to work; straight to meetings until 10:30pm.

That led to Tuesday last week me punishing myself for the time off by doing my 1hr 24min hill interval workout then heading straight to the pool for a 2100m swim:
600 warm up; 4x50 drills; 3x400 level 3 with 15s rest then a 100m cool down.

Wednesday was a 1hr tempo run.

Thursday I had to be at work at 6:30, so I did my Friday 1hr tempo run after work.

Friday baby Elise Merrill was born!!!!!! Healthy and so sweet. Can't wait to meet her. I let it (her birth, chatting with friends from 6-7:30) foil my plan for my swim.....

😴 That brings us to Saturday! 3hr long bike.

I hope by admitting/reporting my struggles and "failures" (missing workouts), I will be more accountable and/or motivated to get to the Swim/Bike/Run as planned for the day/week.

Hope everyone/anyone who reads this is having a GREAT weekend.

Countdown to Ragnar: 13 days!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment