Simon started law school this fall. I was starting to have the "nearing 30 and my friends are having babies, baby fever".
Why not start with a puppy?!?!?!?!?
This is the picture of Cooper, a sweet little 5 week old Goldendoodle puppy, from the internet website he was purchased from:
I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!! I jumped all around and couldn't wait for our tiny, sweet baby boy to arrive!
As the day approached to pick Cooper (the name we picked because we love the "Manning" brothers; Cooper is the oldest of Eli and Peyton, injured his back and works as a lawyer) up from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, we were preparing for the baby doggie.
Collar: check. Leash: check. Tag for collar with name and phone numbers: check. Puppy books: check. Tuggy rope: check. Food and water dishes: check. Chew bone: check. Puppy shampoo: check.
I had (supposedly) done "my due diligence" and was ready to raise and train our new little puppy. Even though, he was scheduled to arrive 3 weeks before we were supposed to leave for our wedding in Costa Rica....... (first red flag). So, June 21st came and.........
Cooper couldn't get on the plane because it was "too hot" and the airline wouldn't accept him.
2 days, a trip to Los Angeles (which was supposed to be 5 hours and turned into 32), a few canceled flights from Phx to LA for Simon and Chicago to LA for Cooper, a hotel room, an accident in the elevator and hotel room, a pet carrier to fit under the airplane seat (45$), and a "pet flight ticket" (75$) later......Simon arrived in AZ with Cooper!!!!!!
Here's are a couple pics that Simon sent from LA:
What a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are a couple more from when he first got to AZ:
Well.......then came the wedding in Costa Rica.
Upon arriving home after our 1 week whirlwind wedding/honeymoon, I worked approximately 12 -15 hours a day everyday that week, then was on call that weekend, then worked another full week ending with working 23 hours followed by another twelve only to leave early Friday morning to fly to Chicago Midway and drive to Indiana for our US reception only to turn right around Sunday, drive back to Chicago and fly back to Arizona........ IT WAS EXHAUSTING!!! Cooper stayed with his Lolo and Lola (grandpa and grandma in the Philippines)
Here are some pics from after that:
But with all the very, very long hours I have been at work and the long hours of school and studying Simon needs to put in, it was not the right time in our lives to have a puppy. So, God answered my prayers and some close family friends decided they would LOVE to have Cooper!!!!!
He is now living on "the Wennersten farm". He has an acre and a half backyard where he can chase bunnies and has even caught a pigeon!!!!!!! He gets to go to work with Jim (he owns two ACE hardware stores in the valley) where everyone LOVES AND SPOILS him!!!!
Here's a picture I received via MMS from his "grandma Linda" the other day along with a message of what a busy and happy pup he is at his new home:
What a BIG SMILE he has!!!! He is such a smart and loving pup.
Some days I miss him sooooooooo much. But, I know he has such a great life, and we can visit him whenever we want (which we haven't yet because I'm afraid I'll want him back)!
Sometimes the best ideas are not the greatest decisions, bu I am sooo thankful that Simon was supportive of getting a puppy and even more so when it wasn't quite working. I am also super thankful that God answered my prayer for a loving family to take him and SPOIL him!!!!
Love You Coop-a-loop!!



And it is your love and unselfishness that shows you will make a great mom someday!
ReplyDeletePS What a cute puppy! And I love your blog :)